Monday, August 16, 2004

Jet Setter

I have been called a "Jet Setter" twice this weekend. I think this is quite odd considering I've never heard the phrase before. Anyway, Shaun and I (and 10 other random people that know Charity and Steve) flew/drove/rode to New Orleans this weekend. Shaun and I flew and had a connecting flight in Houston. All four flights were ahead of schedule amazingly enough. The weekend was interesting to say the least though. Friday I forgot my wallet at work and had to drive 40 minutes out of our way to get it. That put us at the airport at 10 for our 10:45 flight. We had a record check-in (no line), got coffee, passed through security and arrived at the gate by 10:10. Land in New Orleans, get checked-in to find Steve forgot his cell phone in VA... minor debacle. Two of the guys that drove Ed and Denny, their car broke down a block before the hotel, and they pushed it into a FREE parking space. Dan and Jen paid $50 for valet and their car got broken into. Ed and Denny's car hadn't been touched. Due to Dan and Jen's fiasco, we had to take a psycho driving cab to the airport to arrive at 3:50 for out 4:32 flight. Nothing like cutting it close. Overall though, I had a great time, and was glad to see Charity and Steve did too. Next time I go I would like to check out more of the jazz clubs and such. But at least I can say I tried a Hurricane and a Hand Grenade. (They were quite gross).

No comments: