So, today is Sam's last day at work. I am sad because she is one of the 2 people a track down to complain about my day at work. She is also one of the 2 rational and down to earth people here. Now, Carol and I will have to cling to each other for some state of normalcy. Sam hates pitch-in's, especially those held in her honor. So what does the ALA do? We have a breakfast pitch-in for her at 9:30. Of course that is too late in the morning for her to wait to eat, but in order for all the stragglers of the office to be included, we have to wait until then. I am supposed to be down there right now, and instead I'm writing this. I really don't have a desire to watch people pretend to care that my friend and confidant is leaving. So, I'd rather stay up here, and go down later and eat leftovers.
So, I wish Sam good luck with her teaching career which I know will be fabulous and so will she. Good-bye Sam and good luck. I will miss you greatly. For it is your "fault" that I'm working here in the first place :) Not to mention the sole reason I have this blog. Thank you so much for all your kind words, advice, and listening to me nag about work and all the old biddies affiliated with it. You truly are a great friend and I look forward to many more fun times together.... Preferably without screaming, diving children.
1 comment:
Thank you for the well wishes. The pitch in was not nearly as bad as expected, partially because the people that would have truly been faking gracefully left after the "surprise" portion.
And even though I won't be in the office, I'll still be around so don't fret. Besides, I have your blog to keep me up to date!!!
Post a Comment