Wednesday, August 04, 2004
Here are the keys to your new home...
So, I went to Pebble Point to get my keys to the new humble abode. I obtain the "walk through" checklist and proceed to my apt. As soon as I walk in I realize there is a water stain on the ceiling of the living room... and the bedroom... and the furnace closet. Hmm. There is an overall sloppy painting job done. My toilet isn't flushing. The inside of the oven is coming apart. The new carpeting isn't fully tacked down. Oh, and the hot water heater is still on "light" instead of a temperature setting. (Can we say fire hazard??) So, I march down to the office and request another one bedroom. The manager comes out and I explain the things I've seen to her. She comes to the apt. with me and call Cecil (the toothless maintenance guy) to come immediately and access the situation. Apparently the guy upstairs was on vacation for a week and his air conditioning starting leaking. Well, since he wasn't there, and no one was in my apt, no one knew about it and it leaked into my apt and soaked his carpeting. Alas, they offered to fix everything that was wrong if I'd stay and reminded me I was getting a George Foreman Grill for free. (They sure know the way to this girl's heart). So, to find out this isn't just a little grill... no it's a 12 hamburger grill. This thing is enormous and I'm not sure what to do with it as I'm sure it won't fit in my kitchen ANYWHERE. So, for now it's still in the box in the storage unit off my patio. At least it was free :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment