Friday, August 06, 2004

Clueless Moment

So, I'm nearing the end of my work day yesterday and I'm trying to run some mailing labels. For once, I decide to check these labels against what is known as the "Red Book." The Red Book is a collection of "important" people in the organization and their contact information. So, I'm looking back and forth between the Red Book and my computer screen where Access has so kindly generated labels for me and I'm realizing they are not matching. So, I call Beth, the Red Book lady, and I'm like, "Beth, what's going on here, I don't understand??" This is says so-and-so is a such and so chairman in the Red Book but the computer says something else!" Beth says, "I don't know, I've been having problems with Access today. Why don't you try and update it again." So, I update again, and same problem. I call Beth back, and she says, wait a minute... what year are you looking at? Um..... 2002-2003. Needless to say, we both erupt in laughter for nearly 2 minutes as I realize I've been using last years Red Book since I started here in April. I'm such a dork.

No comments: