Friday, June 18, 2004

The Picnic's a Wrap

So, Sam and I were going to make sandwich wraps for our work pitch-in today. Then, her friend Danielle offered to go to lunch with her and suddenly making sandwiches for co-workers you don't like didn't seem quite as appealing... I just don't understand. So, I thought I could just make them myself. Well, I went to my cousin Bob's last night... the one I work on genealogy with. Well, let's just say I tried to leave at 8:30 and didn't leave until 9:50. Alas. So, here I am attempting to make wraps with corn tortillas (not flour) and it's not working well... AT ALL! I get horribly frustrated, start ranting and raving in the kitchen... whorf down 2 pieces of turkey and chesse I was trying to use and stormed to the door. I am asking my roommate where my phone is (3 times) and she tells me it's in my hand (3 times) at which point I'm like, "Oh, it's in my hand." She shakes her head, says goodnight, and goes upstairs. I leave for Kroger. It's now 11pm. So, I get to Kroger, they don'g have wraps, but have a cheese, meat and cracker tray. Fabalous. Let's go. But first I have to wait in line between 2 large scary men.. the one behind me draggin his kid around. (Why is your child still awake and out at 11PM???? Put him to bed! WHO IS THE PARENT HERE?? OH, you're 6 year old is...I see). Five minutes later, I'm leaving Kroger trying not to get accosted by the homeless man lingering out front. (Well, now Shaun will tell me I'm not allowed to go to Kroger in the middle of night anymore). I get home, and almost immediately go to bed, and to sleep. Then I wake up this morning and I can't move my neck AT ALL. Is this my punishhment for bingeing yesterday?

No comments: