Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Near Death.... Part II

So I'm driving to Lafayette to visit with my relatives who are in from CA yesterday. I am speeding down I-65N behind a silver Honda Civic. The driver in front of me (which later turned out to be a she) was going a little faster than I was. I was not bothered by this, as I just had my near death experience the other day. So, anyway, we are approaching a car that is going slower than both of us, and there is a SEMI-TRUCK in the right lant (maybe she didn't see it). I slow down becuase we are almost to Lafayette, and I realize I'm not going to be as late as I thought I would be. Well, Ms. Civic wasn't satisfied to do that, so she attempts to pass this other car on the right, but isn't doing so quickly enough as to avoid the semi. Needless to say, she averts the semi, and cuts in front of this car at the last second. The other car, realizing this woman is insane had begun to slow down by this point. Well, Ms. Civic freaks, overcorrects, spins, begins spinning into the ditch (all of this is sounding very familiar), BUT THEN she rolls twice in the ditch, once on the I-65S lanes, and then lands upside down in the opposite ditch. As she's spinning into the ditch she throws dirt all over my car so I can barely see (I just washed it too) and so I pull off to the side of the road and call 911. Yeah, well me and 20 other people, and barely any of us knew what mile marker we were at. The creepy part is she doesn't hit anyway else, and then GETS OUT OF HER CAR while it's still up-side-down! She too must've been saved for a reason.

1 comment:

Queen Sam said...

Can I just say, stay away from I-65? Find an alternate route...