Sunday, April 10, 2005
Sunday Night Already
I really don't know where the weekend went. So we met with the house lady. She is very nice and Shaun said she is exactly who you think of when you picture a realtor. But she is very "in tune" with Lafayette and I think will find us something great. We drove around for nearly 2 1/2 hours looking at possibilities in different areas of town. We are thinking an existing home will be cheaper than building. So, Saturday night I had planned a surprise party for Shaun at BW3. It went very well. The following people showed up to congratulate him: James (co-planner), Angelina, Jere, Lisa, Anna, Ian, my dad, Valerie (a.k.a. Vicky), Renee, Courtney, Aunt Dink, Kyle and Amy. So a pretty good turn out... and best of all, Shaun was surprised. We stayed until about 9:30 and then went to Travis' for awhile. There wasn't much happening there and we were getting up for church this morning so we left around midnight. Church was very good this morning. There were actually two songs we knew. Today's sermon is the first of a 7 week series of the 7 T's. Today was Thanksgiving. He read off a lot of statistics of how many people are hungry, homeless and that one million people won't be alive at the end of the week. Scary really. So, basically we should be thankful because we don't know what God has in store for us. This also tied in with last week's sermon on not worrying and giving your worries to Christ. So, I'm excited to hear the next 6 sermons. My dad's neighborhood garage sale is in a few weeks and I really need to work on getting things stickered and sorted. Alas. It's been so nice the last week, but it's supposed to rain this week, so maybe I will get more done. I still haven't mailed in my taxes. Yes, I realize that the deadline is this week. I'm even getting money back. I don't know what my deal is. Well, hopefully I will get a lot accomplished this week... and I can blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment