Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Good-bye Grandpa

My grandma's husband died Saturday. Donald Waters. My grandparents had been married for 10 years in February. He has been a grandpa to me and a dad to my mom and sister. They had a pool that I and my friends would swim in. He is the best husband my grandma had. On their 3rd date he knew he wanted to marry her. They were so cute together and I think my grandma thought they would get older together. He was 73. Today was his showing and funeral. My mother and Aunt Re said some touching words. His granddaughters spoke also. There wasn't a dry eye in the place. Shaun said it was the most depressing showing he's ever been to. Then at the funeral, someone passed out and the ambulance came. My cousin Laura ripped off her jacket, stormed over and said, "I'm a nurse, out of the way!" I told her we were proud to call her family. So, there was no service and we all went to the Eagles to eat. I am so full I'm uncomfortable. This is why family is a bad influence.

No comments: