Wednesday, April 20, 2005

"I'm not even supposed to be here today"

So, I came into work this afternoon after Leonard told the receptionist that I wouldn't be here. I've been here a total of 1/2 hour and I've already heard, "You're not supposed to be here today!" Well, stop giving me more work to do so I won't feel obligated to come in today. I heard that the whole 4 1/2 hours I was here yesterday too. Too funny. It's nice that people care that I probably should be at home resting, but then if I want to come in I should feel like I won't get kicked out. Now that I see all this work on my desk, I'm thinking "I'm not even supposed to be here today." Alas.

Lucia came over last night for dinner. We had turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes, a very yummy salad that she made and apple crisp that was so good. Lucia is moving out on her own after living with 3 other ladies in June. I told her to be prepared to be lonely, because I sure was when I first moved out by myself. She is realizing that she doesn't have anything: flatware, plates, furniture. I went through that once. Hard to believe, I had so much stuff, but not the things I needed. I'm trying to come up with some things I could give her to help her out.

No comments: