So I basically rock. My former boss took 6 months to look over a deal for new copiers that save us money, and get us an additional copier and still didn't know what to do with it. I look at it for a week. Take another week to write a proposal as to why we would be idiots to not take this deal and to talk it over with the powers at be. And this week, that's right, today, Tuesday, I got the powers at be to sign this proposal and we are getting are 3 new copiers on Monday! Plus I'm saving the company $200/ month. Basically we are getting 3 copiers for $200 less than we are paying for 2 copiers right now AND the price per copy went down from 1 cent for one and 2 cents for the other to 0.007 cents per copy for all 3 copiers. Why didn't we do this sooner?
I met with a vendor today who might be able to design our brochures for $350 instead of the $400 Lucia found. (And that was the cheapest). More money saved. (Why can't I apply more of these principles to my personal life...) They might also do some branding for us that Lucia and I think needs to be implemented pronto. We get a new National President every year, that comes up with a general theme, and then a membership theme. How are we supposed to put out a consistent message about our organization when what we're saying changes every year?!? Well, we can't and that is why no one outside our organization knows what we do. Hopefully we can remedy that.
Came to Lafayette tonight because I had forgotten my phone charger and my battery was about to die. I treated Shaun to Don Pablos. Silly me says, "Oh I think I'll get a salad so I don't have any leftovers." I took 2 boxes home... full... and none of it was Shaun's. So much for that.
So I'm winning in the basketball tourney competition I orchestrated at work. I need to say this now, so after Thursday when I'm not winning, I won't feel so badly. There are 6 people playing; 3 of us are tied with 42 points, but I'm the only one with all 4 Final Four teams left. Everyone else picked Wake Forest, so they are down at least one. Good thing I don't know anything about any of these teams.
I've had so much work to do this week since I missed 3 days last week that I worked 10 hours on Monday, and 8.5 hours today. Plus I brought stuff home to work on, which has left no time for blogging. Good think I get paid overtime. Guess this makes up for laying on the couch dying for 3 days. Well, better get to some of that work I brought home...
No comments:
Post a Comment