Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Meetinged Out

I wanted to get to work early this morning. Instead, I awoke at 7:20, got stuck in traffic, went to Starbucks and got to work at 8:05. I have just enough time to read my emails, check my voicemail, and yell at Leonard when I realize that I have a meeting at Worrell at 9 that I have to leave for by 8:30. I then read an email from Marta informing me that I'm now to take over all the purchasing, and that I can handle all the awards for convention. This is fine, but of course Rina has been doing the awards and I have no clue what's going on. And of course I have time to take over purchasing. After this email, I call Lucia and ask if she is ready to leave for our meeting. She says yes, so I go downstairs, only to find her on the phone. I'm wondering who she could be talking to when I realize it's Tony. So I walk to Tony's office and tell him to get off the phone so we can leave. So, we finally leave and then we get on I-74 instead of I-70 and wind up at the 4400 block of Post Rd instead of the 300 block. Get to meeting late. We're there for 2 hours. Get back to office only to find that Stephanie has already left for lunch and Carol is having leftovers from yesterday when we went to Old Pointe. I take one for the team, and ask Kay to go with me to Wendy's. Had an extremely crisp salad and a baked potato. Get back to office, read emails, look of faxes and answer messages. Lucia comes up to remind me that I have another meeting in 5 minutes with Von to discuss something I haven't had time to finish. Attend meeting to learn that it didn't matter because he had given me the wrong format to do it in. So, I got back to my desk at 2:30. Sat down. Sighed. Received phone call from Mitzi saying that I needed to get pricing on ribbons for event in Jan 2006. Can't this wait? Call from receptionist saying I have a fax. Thanks. Then I call and complain to the cubicle people who were supposed to dis/ and reassemble two work stations today and just came out and measured. Complained for 2 minutes. She said she would call back. We have an appt. for them to come out tomorrow and do their job. Called ribbon people. Then realized that the National President will be tomorrow and that I'm now included in that meeting so I can figure out what awards I still need to order. Not to mention that I have a Dr's appt in the morning and will be in late. Basically I'm fed up with meetings and petitioning to have them cease at once!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you know what they say, ... the more meetings you cancel, the more important you are. Just something to think about.