Anger rose in me again today as I thought of people in my life that are pushing that extremely large button I have. We'll call it, "the useless button." Not because I find these people actually useless, but merely because I haven't a clue what else to call it at the moment. The button's parameters have the following traits:
1. People paralyzed by fear to the point of being unable to move forward for months/years at a time.
2. People that seem to be blissfully unaware of the needs of others around them to the point of fulfilling their own selfish desires until specially told how they are needed.
3. People that too prideful to realize how their actions affect those around them, or even that their actions have an impact on anyone other than themselves.
While contemplating my anger I decided to take my own advice I give often. When angry, find a way to tap into your empathy for that person. This is mainly because anger often has a selfish root. So I decided to figure out how I'm being selfish.
No comments:
Post a Comment