Monday, August 02, 2010

One Week & Counting

So we're closing on our house in one week. I'm excited, yet anxious about the amount of boxes that still need to be packed. Shaun & I spent several hours packing this evening and my nest is officially in complete disarray. I hate that my nest is out of order. I ended up reading a copy of "Real Simple" today so I could look at pictures of places more organized and fun than my own home. I got some great new ideas of things to try to! It's weird to think about moving into a place that I won't be moving out of for quite sometime.

I laughed with one of my supervisors today as she pointed out that it seems like I feel trapped in the Mitten, while logically knowing I'm not. So many things, well people really, make it hard to live here. So many more things and people make me want to stay. It's weird to be known and start a season of learning to deepen relationships further than I have experienced up until now. My inner-gypsy is learning to re-channel her efforts into some more exotic vacation destinations instead of packing up and moving across the country again. (At least for now.)

I'm excited to be partnering in business and looking at all the things God has in store for us there. There's a lot in transition right now. Shaun teased that perhaps my life doesn't feel chaotic enough while I was asking him what he thought of interracial adoption. I assured him I wasn't look to adopt 11 children the same age this year, but just wanted some feedback ;) So if you know anyone that wants to help us pack... would you be so kind as to please send them our way!

No comments: