It occurred to me this week that I've had this blog (and template) since 2004. That's a long time to have one template... especially for a gal that loves her options! So, I have decided to finally upgrade! It look less than 2mins to choose... and I might not leave it up for another 6yrs, but I'm loving it for the moment. This is exactly what I needed as I enter this new season of life.
Part of this new season includes a new, real career. Clients have been slow to come in, but my thesis I confess is not yet completed. Perhaps, clients will call once I officially finish my thesis? That's what I'm hoping. In the meantime I'm recommitted to finishing it soon. And I figure if I actually admit that to the "world" on my blog, then I might actually do it. I'm not typically a procrastinator by design. I tend to keep up on things or do them early. Yet for some reason this whole thesis business is throwing me for a loop. I think I finally decided it's because I think I should know more about my topic than I actually do and since I don't, I'm not writing it. Once this realization had appeared I have since decided that it's silly and shouldn't be followed henceforth. So I'm working on it today :)
Also in this new season includes house shopping, which I just noted I have not discussed at all! So in house hunting... my friend told me this should be looked at as a lot of blind dates. There are many times where you'll have wished you had left at the salad, but you find yourself ordering dessert. But then, one day, you'll find THE ONE. Well, I'm still waiting to find THE ONE (for houses that is) and I've begun to embrace the "blind date" mentality that is house shopping. Perhaps it's because there are so many options in Southeast MI that I'm being too choosy? But then again, I was choosy with a husband and that seems to be working out splendidly. Maybe I'm expecting too much concerning my stage of life, and the cost of living in A2? I'm not sure, but this is proving to be a much lengthier process that I had 1st hoped. Meanwhile I'm being reminded of the fruit of patience (in more ways than one). So we've found a couple houses we could live with, but none that feel right. (Yes, I want it to "feel" right... I am an "F" after all). But, at least Shaun and I agree on what's important in a house... so we're still on the hunt.
We still have a roommate. It's been one year this month and I can say that it has grown Shaun and I a lot to have another person living with us 24/7. It has been a good experience for us, and while we were ready to move out ourselves a few months ago, we have settled back into a rhythm. Once again, impatient branches are being pruned. It appears our roommate will have a job soon and be moving on and for this I am actually quite sad. At least my approach to good-byes is to not think about them until they've passed and that way you enjoy every minute you have.
Last but not least in this season of patience improvement we are still without child. My anticipated reaction was one of retreat and hiding. I'm pleasantly surprised to find myself quiet and sad but not overwhelmed by grief. When I look at this piece of the puzzle in light of the bigger picture of this season it seems that patience is all around. With patience comes self-control and I could sure use more of that! So I'm learning to rest in the lesson.
2 comments:
I am happy that you were choosy with your husband. :-)
Me too :)
Post a Comment