Monday, July 05, 2010
4th of July!
Tis my favorite holiday of them all. Grilled food, people I love, warm weather, and of course - fireworks. Few things in life get me to apply the "romantic" label, yet, white roses, dinner cruises and fireworks make the very short list. I love fireworks! They are fun, bright, loud and romantic. This year we had 3 day extravaganza. Friday night we had a friend over and Shaun made pork tenderloin tacos and margaritas. And we watched my all-time favorite movie, Almost Famous while playing Scrabble! Saturday we went to the Sailing Club where we ate grilled food and watched the fireworks over Portage Lake. Sunday we had more friends over and Shaun made grilled mint chicken skewers, potato salad and shortcake biscuits with mixed berry topping out of the berries Dan and I handpicked. Oh man was it yummy. Then we played two games of Settlers. What an awesome weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It must have been all of the love in the hand-picked berries.
Post a Comment