So a friend told me about this other blogger's self-challenge to get rid of 100 things in 100 days. Well, I'm not one for confinement on the amount of time... but I've decided to take on the challenge and just get rid of 100 things. I've been adding things to Freecycle under the handle guenthea if you wanna check in on me. I am giving some things to friend's too. Here's what's gone so far:
1. Small diaper covers
2. MaryKay product bag (freecycled)
3. Sewing machine w/broken motor (freecycled)
4. Infant bathtub
5. Outlet sealers
6. Bummis disposable liners
7. Crib mattress
8. Plastic milk storage containers
In addition, I also want to get rid of one thing for everything I take on Freecycle. So far I've acquired:
1. 3-drawer unit that I have diapers in
2. Diaper bag full of diaper covers, bibs and other baby things
3. Boppy & cover - which I got w/the intent of giving away... so that cancels out
4. Fleece - which I used to make diaper liners and potty cozies
5. Christmas cards and decorations
6. 4-shelf unit that I put in the laundry area to organize all the bottles of laundry related items
So total counts:
Freecycle In: 6
Freecycle Out: 4
100 things: 5
I'm working my way towards simplicity :)
1 comment:
Here is the original post. http://theyearofless.blogspot.com/2012/07/day-10-giving-away-100-things-in-100.html.
Peruse more of her posts. Unfortunately, she stopped this blog, ironically, as a way to simplify her life. Some is out there, but inspiring.
Post a Comment