So, yesterday I picked up my Bell's wort from from a friend that attending the tasting with his gf. This is truly a "P's" dream... It's a simple task. Transform ~5gal with your choice of hops and yeast ... maybe even more extract. Then boil, add sugar, bottle. It's madness! Complete liberty! Aaaahhhhhh!
Me, "I just finished reading the homebrew competition rules. I'm so nervous."
Hubby, "if it's bad; don't submit it. You have total freedom. Just be a P."
Me, "OK, but they (our aforementioned friends) are making two batches" (out of the wort).
Hubby, "He's an amateur. You're a pro. Just brew one; it'll be great."
Hahahaha... an amateur. This is the guy that taught me how to brew! Plus, he's gone off the recipe reservation far more many times that I have. The last batch I brewed I skipped the aroma hops and added orange slices instead. That's it. That's all the experimenting I've done! I feel I need to read up on this more, but I don't have the time! I have to get this boiling because it's in my third and last bucket. I have a Honey Porter & a Hazelnut & Chocolate Porter fermenting now. I need this third bucket to be able to transfer both porters into clearing. Then once I've done that I can move this wort into fermentation. But it's so much wort! I might need another bucket anyway! Aaahhhhhh!
Oh, I should also mention that first place gets their recipe brewed with a Bell's brewmaster and it'll be served on draft at Eccentric Cafe... no pressure to reproduce it. When have I ever made anything taste the same way twice??
No comments:
Post a Comment