Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Novelist

I have successfully completed another novel for National Novel Writing Month. This year proved to be a healthy outlet for my rage as I wrote a sailing murder mystery. I had a lot of fun and realized in the process that I am a horrible murderer. I had a hard time coming with with dialogue for the murder scenes and an even harder time trying to decide if justice should prevail for my murderer, who was also the main character. So for any of you who were concerned you might be next, have no fear. I can't even write about it... let alone carry it out. I also took a brave step of sending it to two friends for "fun." I have yet to figure out what about this is fun as they are both critical thinkers... and well... critical people. But I suppose if I ever plan to at least print and bind one of these things, I should at least have someone get rid of my typos. Last year I was completely over writing when I did NaNoWriMo. Probably because I was in the throws of my 2nd year of grad school and writing a bunch of paper ta boot. This year I am actually lamenting that the month is over and actually feel compelled to perhaps work on this one a little more. And I'm already compiling suggestions for next year :)

"I think stories help us fight the nihilistic urges that constantly threaten to consume us."

No comments: