I GOT ENGAGED! I know, I can't believe it either; I had practically given up on the fact that he would ever ask, and here it is... I'm staring at this 1.3 carat ring on my finger that's absolutely gorgeous! So... here how it happened...
We're at Charity and Steve's Wedding. Mind you, everyone knew about this except for me. I mean EVERYONE: her family, his family, our friends, the photographer. So, her Aunt Vicky ties the ring to inside the toss bouquet. Everyone is making sure I get the bouquet. I think this is kind of odd, but then I'm thinking, well it is about time. It's only been 6 1/2 years. So, she throws it, I catch it and stand there smiling for the picture, not noticing this huge rock sticking out of the bouquet (that Shaun picked out and Charity's mom made). So, he takes it from me and gets down on one knee. I stand there in complete and utter shock. I didn't move for a minute straight when Charity said, "take your other ring off." I couldn't believe it. I couldn't cry or speak or anything. Shaun can't get the ring out because Vicky had tied it in there so tight (they had lost the ring earlier in the day and sent the whole wedding party looking for it). So finally he just says, "Will you marry me?" holding the rind in the bouquet. I say "YES" and a swarm of screaming girls come at me to hug and congratulate me. Shaun is still on the ground trying to get the ring. I give Charity this look like, You knew all about this and didn't even give me any clues!" I give her the biggest hug ever and she is saying stuff to me I can't remember because I'm in a daze. I look back at Shaun who is now holding the ring sans bouquet and puts it on my finger... a perfect fit. We start hugging and then Charity and Steve join us for a group hug. The DJ is playing "Going to the Chapel" everyone is smiling. I still can't believe I'm engaged. We are looking at an August 2005 Wedding but will keep you posted. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect proposal, a more perfect finacee or a more perfect occasion! Thank you Shaun!
No comments:
Post a Comment