So, G has huge feet. At one year of age he's wearing a size 5! Needless to say, we leave for Europe in a week and the little walker as no shoes that fit. A couple of my friends suggested the brand, See Kai Run, which promote healthy foot development in kids. They are of course like $60. I don't even spend $60 on shoes for myself. So, I prayed before going to Once Upon a Child that I would find a pair and I did! For $5 and they look basically new! I'm thrilled and grateful that I'm reminded once again, I don't need to buy things new.
After getting the shoes I headed to a woman's house that had some clothes for sale on yard sale FB page I follow. All of this recent weigh loss has led to a conundrum in the wardrobe department. I don't want to get several things when I want to continue my downward trend. But I did want to a have a couple things that would fit well before we left. So, I picked up a couple sundresses and a jacket. While I'm there we start chatting and I learn that they are selling their men and women's bikes! I've been praying for a bike for S and scouring the sites for the past two months with no real luck. And I've been trying to figure out what to do with my bike since the frame is too small for me, but I wanted to make what I had work. So once again, I can find what I need when I remain open to having my needs fulfilled more slowly and creatively.
Have you run into a situation like mine where you were able to find what you needed just when you needed it for the price you can afford? I'd love to hear about it in your comment below!

No comments:
Post a Comment