Friday I had five yards of dirt delivered. Everyone kept telling me, "that's a lot of dirt." By everyone I mean, two soil companies, guy at The Home Depot, my mother & my husband. Yes, I'm aware that it's one dump truck full, but I need a place to plant these 192 seedlings I have growing in my guestroom! Speaking of which, while waiting for the dirt delivery my friend and I planted all of the greens (spinach, lettuce, arugula, pak choi, Bok choi), radishes, and carrots. Then we surrounded them with straw to keep them warm and keep the weeds at bay.
My friend and a guy from the time bank were able to finish moving and spreading the dirt in about three hours. Here's some pictures to document the occasion. Now to get cinder blocks to make a border!
I'm planning to weigh my garden harvest this year! Comment on this post of you're going to join me in my weighing challenge!



No comments:
Post a Comment