Monday, April 14, 2014

Growing Up!

G is only a "baby" for two more weeks. It's hard to believe that he will be a year old, even though I do feel a year older... We got his nine-month photo shoot pictures back recently. Here are some highlights :)

         




We're also expanding the size of the garden this year and having 9-cubic-yards of topsoil/compost mix dropped off this week. We're grateful to have a friend come help us spread some dirt around. Meanwhile I planted 96 more seeds and my last 96 seedlings are growing big! The seedlings are growing so tall I had to move the lights up and now they are hitting the lights again! I wasn't planning to transplant them until the end of May and beginning of June but I might have to rethink that. This is good to know for next year that I can wait a month to start seedlings. This year I started March 5th.



I actually got serious about downsizing my every-growing book collection. I've posted 28 books online to sell and have successfully sold and shipped four of them!!! It feel great to be getting rid of books I've barely looked at or never even read. My goal is to have ALL of OUR books fit on the built-ins, plus one bookcase. It's going to be a tall order, but I'm hopeful. Let the downsizing continue!

No comments: