Friday, March 28, 2014

Surpassed My Goal!

With three more months left of my one-year-long Voluntary Simplicity Vow, I am realizing how much I have to be grateful for these days. For starters, I've surpassed my goal of giving away 100 things! The last items on the list included two bags of clothes. But now it's become a rhythm, so I have someone picking up three boxes of plastic straws that have been collecting dust on my baker's rack and serving as a temptation for G. I started selling things on Craigslist (which S thinks is super sketchy). I decided there were some things we wanted, so we needed to sell current things in order to acquire the new. So we sold S's old radar detector to purchase new phones and then sold our old phones to purchase the insurance for our new phones! I sold some other random stuff too.

My desire to acquire more is definitely significantly lessened. It's weird to see something I want, and not feel the impulse to just "shoot it, bag it and bring it home." I'm actually even researching purchases, including looking up customer reviews, and looking at more than one store before making a decision! Weird for me... I know! But it's paying off in many less purchases, and being truly delighted with the purchases I do make. It's a serene and jubilant feeling.

I'm also enjoying just having less clutter in the house. (Although at this very moment I have piles of clothes going from one mom's daughter to another, so it looks a little cluttered...) I've noticed how my view of my possessions has changed already to looking at every item and wondering if I really need/want it. I'm not really afraid of scarcity anymore, so I'm not stockpiling for the end of the world. (Besides if the end of the world comes, extroverted-me doesn't want to either be the last survivor or stuck with tin-foil-on-the-head guy.)

I'm excited to start biking again this summer with Grey in tow. I've been researching kid bike trailers. There's a wide variety out there, but I'm mostly interested in being able to bike to the farmer's market to get our crop share. I'm not interested in dragging the wagon two miles every week. And it's literally only 1.1mi from our house, so I can't really justify driving.

My seedlings are growing stupendously well! I'm elated! I have 96 seedlings! I'll be keeping you updated with how many pounds I harvest this year to set a foundation. Then I can increase from there. I'm not even sure what a realistic goal would be.

All this simplifying has led to be losing 35lbs, putting me at my lowest weight in a decade. 



I purchased a homeopathic kit & some other goodies from my naturalpathy store including an organic bath mix. I had a cold & did a foot soak: 20min Epsom salt, 20mins organic bath mix. Next day, I felt fine. So weird. And the water started out clear but this is how it looked at the end. 



I know I had more thoughts, but G isn't a very helpful typist so I'm hitting backspace as much as I'm typing. So I'll have to continue to my thoughts later.


No comments: