Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Weekend Get-a-way

My boyfriend flew me out to Cali to visit him over the weekend. I had an awesome time for many reasons, but mainly because I got to see him. Now I have to wait 4 1/2 weeks to see him again. Here is the run down on what we did.

Thursday: He picked me up from the airport WITH ROSES (He's so thoughtful); met the roommates; went to bed.

Friday: Went to lunch at this Winery Cafe and had an excellent wine: Sangiovese. Drove around and wistfully looked at vineyards and the huge homes that overlook them. Tried my first Jamba Juice. I'm now totally hooked and want to move to Cali just so I can have it everyday. Bought a mug instead. (much Cheaper). Went to San Francisco and ate at a Vietnamese Crab Restaurant, and then a French bakery.

Saturday: Ate at a Thai restaurant that he frequented last summer... very good. Walked around, went to Barnes & Noble (way better than Avon) and Best Buy (bought James' birthday gift). Had another Jamba Juice. Went to mall where I found a Williams Sonama (so excited). Found the bowls I've been searching for (More excited). Realized they wouldn't fit in my suitcase (Not excited). But I did get the other bowls I wanted and learned that Shaun wants a $400 portable ice maker. What am I going to do with him? Then we came home and swam. Went to Cattlemen's (steak place) where we filled out a comment card. When asked how they could get us back there more often, he relplied, "If I lived here I would eat here once a week." Had another awesome wine: BV Cab. Sav. Drove to the city to the Golden Gate National Park where I finally got to see the Golden Gate Bridge... I'm so stoked! We also saw the WWII bunkers.It was freezing up there, and very windy. So we came back and sat in the hot tub.

Sunday: Layed out, swam. Ate "California Pizza Kitchen" frozen Thai pizza - excellent. Watched Offie Space. He made me grilled stuffed sauages (articoke and something?), asparagus, corn on the cob sprinkled with butter and parmesan cheese, and grilled garlic sourdough bread... yummy. Later we took a dinner cruise on the San Francisco Giants boat where we ate Lasagna and watched the Fireworks in 40 degree weather. (I'm shocked at how cold it gets in the city!) Had another awesome wine: Lindeman's Merlot. Man I love this place.

Monday: Layed out. Went to In-and-Out Burger... sooooo good. Got a Jamba Juice for the road, and headed to the airport. Sad goodbye.

So, as you can see I had a very fun filled weekend in wine country, and I'm thankful I got to go! (Thanks Honey). The pictures are good too, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see those.


1 comment:

Queen Sam said...

So is it true what they say? "Eat drink and by merry..."