Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Goals Update #3

I realized I had forgotten to put in the total outside time in my last goals update. So for January we had a total of 8 hours outside. But I found a weekly prayer walking buddy, so I'm hoping that'll help motivate me for more time outside. Plus it's hard to go out for too long when the temperature dip into the single digits.

For selling things I added one more thing to the list:

  • Giraffe head picture frame - $2
  • So we ended January with $271 in. I'm feeling a little antsy about how I will find over $1700 more worth of things to sell, but I'll just keep plodding along one month at a time. 
In other news, it's February now which means it's time to get those seeds planted and under the lights! How did that happen already? Unfortunately my Permaculture Design Course and the Abundant Michigan Permaculture Ypsilanti group have inundated me with tons of ideas! Now I'm feeling a bit stuck like, uh.... maybe I should just observe instead of haphazardly planting things and eating the results... But as one of my PDC instructors pointed out - that is a way of observing. So I think I'll start with planting some herbs that I know I need to do regardless, like basil. Then take some notes and finish this permaculture garden book I've been reading and then do a sphere and zone map of the yard to get some ideas. I'll post the results :)

No comments: