NaNoWriMo has been off to a weird start this year. I'm usually all prepared to started writing come Nov. 1st. This year, I didn't even write my first word until around the 11th of Nov. I was on vacation, and I have an infant and what can I say? Time just got away from me. So, I'm definitely behind on my word count, but each day I'm writing more words in hopes that I'll reach 50K next week.
I'm going to be 33 soon. That sounds so much older than 32 for some reason. So many things are different for me this birthday, than last. But the one I'm most proud of, is being a mother.
Sustainability efforts have continued as I started a compost pile after scavenging some free pallets. It's going just OK. I put the pile where I actually want the dirt come Spring, which means it's a littler further from the house to be ideal. I successfully cloth diapered on two trips by plane, one to Knoxville, one to DC/Newport News and other trip by car to Chicago/Madison. It felt great to not purchase something I already owned!
I told several friends recently of the Voluntary Simplicity Vow I took several months ago. To my shock, they just simply changed the subject! They didn't even ask a single question! It really caught me off guard and I had to join a FB group on Voluntary Simplicity to get recentered. Perhaps is the use of the word, "vow" instead of just this "thing" I'm doing. But it's more serious than just some fleeting thing. I'm having to find everything used... including all the stuff that would just be so much easier to buy new! (Oh wait, that's basically everything.) I was grateful that I continued to tell others about the vow as I continued to see old friends and the last two responded really supportively. One even mentioned a book she had been reading with a similar idea to Shiny Objects entitled Seven where the author gives herself a different challenge over seven months, to give away seven different types of things each month.
And finally, I'm grateful to have a few more items given to some fellow Freecyclers! I'm happy to report that I'm now halfway to my goal of getting rid of 100 things, that I didn't replace with more junk!
48-52. Four large sheets turned into curtains
53-59. Two sheer lace curtains and five lace valences. (All hand-stitched!)
So total counts:
Freecycle In: 6
Freecycle Out: 6 (I'm even!!)
100 things: 52
No comments:
Post a Comment