So, yesterday was the first Saturday Boat School I've been able to attend in like a month. Between Women on Target, and 2 weddings I haven't been around on Saturdays. So, I exceeded my goal again, this time passing the Capsizing and Rules tests. Commodore Kevin was very through on my Rules Test. He must be an "SJ." I stayed for Intermediate School and got to go out again, this time for like an hour and a half. Needless to say, I am quite burnt. Heat was radiating off me at lobster proportions last night and today. But at least I had fun.
A bunch of us were going to see Shakespeare in the Arb last night and opted for a house party instead. We have great grilled food, and brownies :) AR was most impressed w/Shaun's mac & cheese requesting "more noodles" several times. JR said that the boys have spoiled her by taking her to Panda and letting her have "mice" AND noodles. So now when JR says she's making rice, AR says, "and noodles?" She's hilarious. I haven't laughed that much in awhile and realized it's nice to have friends now that aren't connected to old friends. And I'm really enjoying the company of other women lately. Which is cool considering one of my New Year's resolutions was to spend more time with Christian women!
All that laughter came in handy as today was a sad day overall. I just wish I didn't care, or hurt, or thought about it anymore...
No comments:
Post a Comment