Sunday, August 03, 2008
Deep in Thought
Ever felt so insignificant that you start to wonder why you bother thinking at all??? Well... I'm there today. Have been feeling a little... off, for awhile now. Tried many things to get back to a state of normalcy. Some work temporarily, but inevitably I find myself back here. My small group finished studying the book of Daniel tonight. We were in chapter 12, technically, but found ourselves in all sorts of places during our discussion. We were trying to figure out the differences b/w Pre, Post, and A-Millinialist and Pre and Post-Tribulationists while trying to figure out which camp we are in. We looked up many passages concerning eschatology. All this only to come to the conclusion that Jesus told Daniel... it's sealed up, not for you to know, and even the angels don't know, but be encouraged, because you have treasurers stored up in heaven. Great. So why don't I feel encouraged? Have a mentioned that I feel like I'm going to be a horrible counselor? If I can't even figure out my own stuff, how can I help others. Obviously the answer is the Spirit and the Word, but you know what I mean. I keep thinking about what John said... that there will be many spiritual battles while attending seminary. Alas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment