Sam has been trying to get me to create a blog for over a week now. My interest has been fairly nonexistent, mainly because I feel my "thought from afar" aren't nearly as exciting as "the queen's ramblings." That is... until last night.
I am driving home from Lafayette with my friend Alecia where I just enjoyed a superb sushi dinner and a crocheting lesson from my grandmother. It is storming so badly I can barely see, and Aleica asks me to pull off at the Zionsville exit. But, I said, we are only 9 miles from our exit, and I think it is starting to let up... let's just drive. So, now we are passing the sign that reads, "71st Street One Mile." There is a car parked along the shoulder waiting out the storm, minding his/her own business. Next thing I know we are hydroplaning across I-65 South, I totally freak out - over correct to the left, and we proceed to do a 360 in the middle of the interstate. Now we're sliding into the ditch - I overcorrect again, this time to the right. We come to a hault not 2 feet from oncoming I-65 North traffic. My heart was racing. It's still racing. We look at our tire treads and realize we have missed a guard rail by 3 inches. Twenty more feet up, and we could've gone off the bridge. And only 2 feet from oncoming traffic. We managed to drive away from this near death incident physically in tact. Today, I got new tires. Tomorrow I will need to get my muffler tighten back on and figure out what to do with my radiator guard that's now haning from the front of my car. Oddly, Jesus was in my back seat... litterally. I had this genealogy chart of Adam to Jesus I got from my mom's earlier, and put it in my car.
So, if that wasn't exciting enough... Sam takes me to work today and on our way home she offers to sit at the tire place with me. I'm sure the guys there thought we were "together" becuase she kept asking all sorts of questions about my car, and I kept looking back at her while he was talking to me. Mainly becuase I was confused, and thought making funny looks at her would help me understand him better. So, next we decide to go to the car wash and clean off the ditch that's now permanetly clinging to my car. So, I spend almost $10.00 in quarters (that I practically had to bed for from the tire guy, even thought they closed in 10 mins) and my car is somewhat clean. There is still grass hanging from parts of it, but oh well, this is currently the least of my concerns. So, I decide to check my oil, and other things while I'm there, and my car is somewhat clean, when 3 Hispanic guys come up and start hitting on us. One guy, Carlos, gave us both his "taxi cab card" complete with "alternate" phone number, because as Carlos says, "You never know when you'll need a ride." So, next time I'm with 5 males, and need a ride, I'll be sure to call Carlos.
So, I was saved for a reason... what is it?
1 comment:
Very impressive first post. I'm so proud. And I'm WAY happy that it appears that your car is mostly functional, and more importantly, that you were not hurt in any way...after all, what would happen to the snackwagon without you????
Post a Comment