Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Friendship

Have you thought about your friends... like how you met them, or why you are still friends wtih me even though if you met this person today you wouldn't even consider being friends wtih them? Well, I went to lunch with one of these friends today. I'm not sure why, or why I continue to talk to this person on a daily basis. Maybe I feel badly that he doesn't really have any other friends, or the fact that on occasion we actually have a good conversation. The most annoying thing about this friend is that he thinks we are better friends than we really are. He tells me his inner most thoughts, and I tell him what I had for dinner last night. I would like to keep this person as an acquaintence, maybe speak to him once a week or less, but that just wouldn't be good enough for him. What are your thoughts on how to rid myself of a clingy friend?

1 comment:

Queen Sam said...

I think the best thing to do is be honest...at least with your actions. If you really would like to see this person less, then start setting aside time for you to do what you want without the other person. For example, if they ask you to go to dinner say, "I'm really in the mood to stay in and work on my Pampered Chef stuff." That way you start weaning him off without being offensive.