Sunday, May 09, 2010

Things I was thinking about...

Beth Moore in "Breaking Free" gives us 5 thgs that are our birth right:
1) To know God and believe Him
2) To glorify God
3) To find satisfaction in God
4) To expc God's peace
5) To enjoy God's presence

Then gives 5 obstacles that prevent these from happening
1. Unbelief
2. Pride
3. Idolatry
4. Prayerlessness
5. Legalism

She later says, "If our liberty in Christ is going to be a reality in life, we are going to have to learn to walk in the freedom of Christ, independent of everyone else we know." Of course we need to rely on the BODY of Christ to help us so we can glorify Him together. She asked us what areas of captivity we had been set free from already. So I realized that I have been freed from the bondages of lying, insecurity, judgmentalness. How exciting is that?! Beth also says, "God hears the cry of the oppressed. He even hears the cries of those whose oppression is a result of sin and rebellion." Life is way too short for me to feel sorry for myself because of my sin because there is life and freedom through what God did.

I was really struck by the Heb word "aman" meaning to be firm, enduring, to trust and I asked myself how I had found Him to be faithful and trustworthy. His Word says He is, answers to prayer and that He tells me to trust Him when I'm struggling. Words to think about today for sure.

No comments: