Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Lab Work

So I realize that I'm not good at getting my blood drawn. I usually get a little queasy; my blood pressure drops down... way down. But needless to say, I've never passed out... that is until yesterday. I had to leave work early for my pre-op appt. so I skipped lunch and opted for a Reese Cup to tie me over. I get to the lab and realize I probably should've eaten, but what difference does it make. I inform her that I can get a little quesasy, and she says she's only had 2 people in 10 years pass out and that I'll be fine. Well, I wasn't. She was done, I get light headed, she puts salts under my nose and I pass out anyway. Apparently I convulsed a couple times (dreamed about shopping at Walmart) and then woke up. Shaun said he would laugh at me if I passed out... he wasn't laughing when I woke up. They wheeled me to a futon and made me lay there for 15 minutes. My team leader at work asked how I was going to handle surgery... well if I pass out then at least I'm already laying down!

No comments: